Thursday, December 1, 2011

Through trials and tribulations..........

So I have been really really neglectful of this blog......and A LOT has happened!!!

1. Ben lost his job and it left us jobless but NOT billess!! So we were in the same situation we were in almost 2 years ago.
2. My parents opened a bakery in Louisiana......the ONLY legit bakery in the city of Zachary.

And with us not having any money coming in at the time and only going out, I decided to propose that I go down to Louisiana and help my parents out with their bakery and bring in the very much needed extra cash. When I got there it was an amazing site to see ALL the wonderful appliances that were in this HUGE kitchen. I just knew that this was going to be a great fun adventure that was suppose to last for a couple of weeks.

Well this really good offer was offered to me by one of the investors.....a good amount of money to stay and finish getting the bakery off the ground. Which killed 2 birds with one stone to me, helping my parents out and also helping my family out with the lack of cash flow. So me and the family didn't take our return trip back home so that I could stay and earn the extra money and Ben could possibly look for a job back in our home state.  Well...."All that glitters ain't gold". And this so called "investor" reneged on his part and that left me and my family stuck in Louisiana with NO MONEY and NO WAY back to our home in Seattle!!!

My Mom(being the semi good woman she is...j/k I know she is reading this) did her part and helped me out as much as she could while I did my part and helped her out as much as I could. Taught me that your family(if they are TRUE family) will ALWAYS stand up and come through when others let you down.

Well we kept going and hammering away at making the Bakery the best it could be and as my suppose to be short time turned into 2 months we had made the Bakery a hit in the town. Serving fresh, quality, and homemade baked goods. And within those 2 months we were completely up to our eyeballs in cakes, pies for Thanksgiving and other specialty cakes.....it was amazing BUT honestly it was hard to leave my Boys and go to the Bakery everyday.  It was hard to go from the person that your kids depended on for everything and be "replaced" by another. It was hard not to hold my newborn daughter all the time except to nurse her. It was taking a toll on my emotions and I honestly wanted to stop BUT I didn't because I knew that I was doing something great and I had it reassured to me by the Spirit that my kids knew that I loved them and knew that I had not abandoned them. And that kept me going!!!

It was so fun to meet knew people that started out just as coworkers but ended up to be GREAT friends and people.

As the bakery got better and better it seemed to me that my personal life wasn't looking up. After being on several job interviews and talking to several people Ben still hadn't found a job and we were stuck between a rock and hard place.....either go back to Seattle to an apartment that we couldn't pay for or end our lease without having an idea of where we were going next.

But being the faithful people we were my husband and I stuck together and we prayed and fasted to be able to get the blessings that we needed......AND literally a week or 2 before we had to make our housing decision the LORD came through for us. Ben was offered a fantabulous job opportunity in.......DALLAS!!! That made us excited because we were 8 hours away from our family instead of 3000 miles away. We put ALL our trust in the Lord and at the end everything is starting to get back to the way it was......except we now have a deeper trust in the lord and it has helped our faith and love for the Lord.

I know that the Lord was with me these 2 hard and seemingly long months even though sometimes I felt that I had not enough strength or faith to go on. I know that the Lord has blessed me with the best husband for me ever. He is definitely the peanut butter to my PB&J sandwich or better yet the missing piece to my puzzle. I'm thankful for family who seem to stick together through thick and thin....even though we may not be a perfect family we are still trying OUR hardest. BUT most of all I'm thankful for my faith in the Lord and his guidance.

So here we go.....another fresh start in a NEW place....I miss my friends that I made in Washington terribly, but I know that they are only a short plane ride away.

No comments:

Post a Comment